Monday, March 3, 2008

Bird Trip'n #5


This Sunday I went back to Lake Hodges and Dixon Lake. I keep going to these locations because they are easy to get to and I am not too far away from my kids who are staying home alone. My son is finally 12 and he can babysit his sister, however I still get nervous leaving them. So anyway back to the lakes...I rented a 500 mm lens for 80 some bucks for two days. I wanted to know what to expect when my 600 mm lens comes in this Monday. Well I can say that this lens is HUGE! I felt funny walking around with this thing. I can say that lenses this big are very hard to use and I admire anyone that can take bird pictures with them. It is so hard to find the bird in the tree with a fixed lens my favorite word for the day was F*@#! I went back and forth using the 500 to my 100-400 lens. The bigger lenses like this would be great for shore/water birds and that is what I will be using my 600 lens this week for. Anyway I took this picture of a Mallard and it just looks like he was laughing his ass off at me trying to maneuver this 10 pound piece of equipment.

No comments: