

Monday I took my mother to San Elijo Lagoon. I never really want to go into an isolated area alone. We spent three hours there, which was a total shock because it seemed like half that time. I took the 600 and 100-400 lens. My mother was a great help holding the little camera while I lugged around the big monster. I was in search for a orange crowned warbler that I saw last week, however I couldn't locate the bugger. I did spot a Bushtit nest in the middle of a dead tree. This is the first time that i have seen one and it was pretty amazing, however the picture doesn't do it any justice. I did research on the nest later that night and found out that the Bushtit uses spider webs as glue to hold the nest together. AMAZING! My photo actually looks as if it does have spider webs in her beak. I will make another trip to see the progress this week end. The sun was not in a good position to get very good pictures. I also took a great picture of a Ruby Crowned Kinglet. It was so cute and seemed to be showing off just for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment